Verstappen staying sharp and ‘ready to race whenever’ during coronavirus lockdown

Red Bull ace Max Verstappen has updated his fans on his situation during the coronavirus lockdown, with the eight-time Grand Prix winner indicating he's staying sharp as a tack for the moment Formula 1 racing returns.
On his social media channels, he said: “At the moment through the current situation I try to stay at home as much as possible of course and try to do my workouts at home.
WATCH: Max Verstappen is first F1 driver to try out Zandvoort’s new banking
“Of course we stay ready, we do sim work - on my simulator at home - and of course a lot of training as well to stay ready for whenever we're going to get started again.
“I hope you guys are staying healthy in the meantime and I hope to see you guys all very soon.”
Verstappen’s home Grand Prix in the Netherlands was due to take place for the first time since 1985 on May 3 – but the coronavirus outbreak has postponed the race at Zandvoort. By the looks of Verstappen’s hot-lap of the circuit, it’s set to be a blast.
“I am really impressed with the work that has been done so far by everyone involved,” he said when the race postponement was announced. “I hope to be driving the challenging new track at Zandvoort again soon."
With a sea of orange-clad fans waiting eagerly, when the Dutch Grand Prix does take place after an absence of over two decades, they’ll be ready. And so will their star driver.
Next Up
Related Articles
Your tech questions answered from the first Bahrain test
Doohan excited for ‘fresh start’ as Haas reserve
Red Bull feel they are only the fourth-fastest team
Red Bull Chief Designer Craig Skinner leaves team
Why Aston Martin have hope despite their early struggles
F1 announces Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya extension